Riders of the Purple Sage Feast
Your hosts are Nancy and Jerry Monsman and Jeannette Segel. Nancy is not only a painter of note but also a cellist. Jerry is a professor in the English Department at U of A and quite the raconteur. You can enjoy some of Nancy’s art while dining in the Monsman home.
Jeannette is the past Chair of the Board of Arizona Opera and incoming President of the Tucson Desert Song Festival. Your meal will be very special, with most of the recipes inspired by The Western Park Lodges Cookbook. Wines and even a unique Western beer from Montana called Moose Drool will be served at this Western Feast. It will be a different experience altogether from the Purple Sage Shindig, and we encourage you to attend both.
- Cheese puffs with sage passed with drinks
- Sweet corn bisque with Linguica sausage and pumpkin seeds
- Wild Alaskan salmon cakes with aioli
- Western beef and game (rabbit) deep dish pie with dried cherries, tiny onions and mushrooms in a red wine gravy
- Green salad with beets, tomatoes, and blue cheese
- Strawberry-poppy seed shortcake with Grand Marnier whipped cream
About Opera Feasts
Opera Feasts, now in their 9th season, are dinners held in private home themed to the operas of the Arizona Opera season. They are a major fundraiser of the Opera League. Our generous hosts donate all of their expenses so that 100% of the proceeds go to Arizona Opera. We have kept the price at $125 per seat and you get a tax deduction of $75 for every Opera Feast seat you purchase.