Opera at Home Virtual Learning Tools
We know how important an arts education is, and are here to help you continue to provide an arts education while your students are learning from home. Below, discover all the virtual ways to share opera and the arts with your students!
Opera at Home Activities
- Each of the below videos were created by Arizona Opera and Dr. Naomi Barrettera to prepare students for our Student Night at the Opera program. Use these 30 minute youtube videos to learn about the history, music, and storyline of each of these operas.
- The Arizona Opera Podcasts, produced by Director of Community Engagement Kyle Homewood, are filled with information about specific operas. Each podcast features special guests including composers, directors, opera stars and more!
March 31, 2020
New Week! The Metropolitan Opera Nightly Opera Streams
- Catch nightly streams of opera classics offered by the Metropolitan Opera at 7:30pm. Streams are available for 23 hours after the begining of the stream.
March 27, 2020
From our Living Room to Yours! TODAY at 2pm on Facebook and Instagram!
- Christopher Cano, Arizona Opera's Head of Music and Director of the Marion Roose Pullin Opera Studio, and his wife, noted opera singer Jennifer Johnson Cano present a live, virtual concert from their living room! A private concert you do not want to miss! Click the name of each artist to learn a little bit more about them before watching one of the streams below. All you need to do is find Arizona Opera on Facebook or Instagram at 2pm to join!
March 26, 2020
Musical Instrument Museum MIMKids Activities
- The Musical Instrument Museum has provide free online resources to teach your students how to build their own instruments at home!
March 25, 2020
Arizona Opera Marion Roose Pullin Studio Artists "Live" Performance!
- Last week, our Arizona Opera Studio Artists performed a Facebook Live concert for our virtual audience. Use this performance as an arts lesson by engaging your students with the following questions:
- What is opera?
- What language are the artists singing in?
- How many artists are there (answer is revealed at the end of the video), and what are their voice types?
- Do you think this Aria (or song) is Happy, sad, angry, etc.? Why?
- Have your students do an art project by drawing when the performance is happening.
March 24, 2020
Performance Today's Classical Critters
- Performance Today's Classical Critters is a 60 minute classical music story about and inspired by animals. Click the link below to browse the music selections and begin the story! Make sure you have paper, pencil, and crayons for the activities in the story!
March 23, 2020
The Metropolitan Opera Nightly Opera Streams
- Its Wagner week! Catch nightly streams of opera classics offered by the Metropolitan Opera at 7:30pm. Streams are available for 23 hours after the begining of the stream.