Seasonal Box Office Associate
• Initiate, receive and process phone, walk-up and mail ticket orders from the public
• Give detailed performance and venue information to patrons to encourage sales and improve customer relations
• Make outbound calls as needed for subscription renewals and customer service issues
• Process all ticket orders including subscriptions, single tickets, donations and exchanges
• File and organize season orders and post mail orders to outgoing mail at the end of each day
• Work performances or events, serving as primary contact for patrons • Be available to work for extended weekends and evening hours in Phoenix and Tucson
• Stay current on event information
• Assist other departments as needed
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
• Some college course work in a related field and ticketing experience is helpful
• A background in the performing arts is a plus Competencies:
• Experience with a high-volume call environment a plus
• Experience with customer service and organizational skills with a strong emphasis on multi-tasking and flexibility
• Excellent communication skills (in-person, telephone, and in writing) are required, as well as an excellent work ethic and keen attention to detail
• Energetic, forward thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints
• Able to keep confidential information to him/herself
• Analytical skills and good judgment / decision making
• Strong skills with PCs, Microsoft Excel and Word are required
• Experience with box office ticketing systems and Tessitura is a plus
• Interest in Opera and Performing Arts is a plus .
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
• Working knowledge of Tessitura is a plus
Extended periods at a workstation, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person. Standing for long periods may be required at performance venues and offsite events. Work Environment: Work environment is generally quiet, and in an office setting, but intensifies during periods when the company is in production. Also, see Physical Demands section above re special events.
Reliable transportation required and must be able to travel statewide. Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends to attend events, performances, rehearsals, etc.
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
The Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Arizona Opera does not discriminate against an Employee or candidate for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, engagements, assignments, training, discipline, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.