The Marketing Specialist performs a full range of tasks in support of the marketing department, liaising with other company departments, to include: email communication, website content maintenance, assistance in managing the department’s digital marketing strategy, departmental communication tasks, as well as overall assistance in the completion of marketing goals for the organization.
• Create and update company email communication using the web-based communication application WordFly
• Utilize the company’s CRM (Tessitura) to create and pull lists for ecommunication
• Update www.azopera.org , and ensure the site stays current, with performance information, imagery, press releases, content relevance, etc.
• Manages Arizona Opera social media progam, to include content creation (to include Blogs and stories); posting on Facebook, Instragram, and other platforms as deemed appropriate to reach our audience, to grow the company’s social engagement
• Manage community events calendar to include productions, performances and events
• Serves as a Marketing representative at events as needed
• Assists with creative for in-house design, copywriting
• Assists with photography of events as requested
• Assists Marketing and Public Relations department with special projects as required
• Four (4) year degree from accredited institution in applicable area of focus preferred, but can be substituted for direct and applicable work experience
• Knowledge of basic HTML
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/InDesign preferred)
• Knowledge of database and CRM systems
• Working knowledge of functions and capabilities of WordPress or Drupal websites
• Proficient writing capabilities
• Detail oriented in tasking
• Professional and friendly demeanor Applicants must be available to work some nights and weekends at Arizona Opera events. Attendance at all Arizona Opera performances is required, and applicants should expect to work 2-3 production weekends in Tucson.
Extended periods at workstation, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person. Some special event set up and break down may be required.
Work environment is generally quiet, and in an office setting, but intensifies during periods when the company is in production. Also, see Physical Demands section above re special events.
Reliable transportation required
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD EMAIL THEIR RESUME, DESIGN SAMPLES AND COVER LETTER TO HR@AZOPERA.ORG WITH MARKETING SPECIALIST IN THE SUBJECT LINE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
The Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Arizona Opera does not discriminate against an Employee or candidate for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, engagements, assignments, training, discipline, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career