Marion Roose Pullin ARIZONA OPERA STUDIO: Singers
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Studio Artists sing and cover mainstage roles throughout the season, in addition to a fully staged scenes program.
Assignments for the 2020-21 season will be shared with candidates upon receiving an offer of employment, but may include role and/or cover assignments for the following operas:
- L'Elisir d'Amore
- A Streetcar Named Desire
- The Copper Queen (world premiere)
- Pearl Fishers
- Romeo et Juliete
- Die Zauberflote
August 24, 2020 - April 30, 2021
You will be notified via YAP Tracker whether or not you have been granted an audition on or before September 10, 2019.
The Marion Roose Pullin Arizona Opera Studio provides emerging artists with comprehensive performance and training opportunities. Ideal candidates possess a reliable vocal technique and have typically finished reputable graduate degree programs or young artist training programs.
Program components include:
- Performance opportunities on the mainstage and select special events throughout the season.
- Well-rounded, personalized vocal instruction and coaching that takes each artist to the next level and prepares them for successful careers as soloists.
- Career development assistance to help artists build relationships that will guide and promote their initial steps into the profession.
Applicants must be United States citizens or have the right to work in the United States. Non U.S. citizens must send a photocopy of their documentation proving right to work in the United States.
Arizona Opera is not considering bass applicants for this season.
Age Limit: 36
Deadline: Received By Wednesday September 4, 2019
- Video recording of two operatic arias (one of which must be in English), with piano or orchestral accompaniment, made within 12 months of the application deadline.
- Completed application form.
- Detailed résumé, PDF format only.
- 3 professional references and contact information for each.
- Headshot, JPEG format only.
- Nonrefundable $35 application fee.
Do not include biography or press materials with application. Only requested materials will be taken into consideration for an audition.
Any additional materials will be discarded.
Application Form Location: http://www.yaptracker.com/applications/arizona-opera-2020-singers
Audition Locations and Dates:
Cincinnati, OH USA: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Houston, TX USA: Thursday, October 3, 2019
New York, NY USA: Monday, October 7, 2019 - Friday, October 11, 2019
Phoenix, AZ USA: Sunday, October 20, 2019
Please prepare five operatic selections, varying in language and style. The list must include four arias in at least three different languages. The fifth selection MUST be in English and from the 20th or 21st century.
Musical theater, jazz standards, or art song will not be accepted.
Each audition appointment is allotted five (5) minutes. Please make sure your selection fits within this time allotment.
Also, please be prepared to sing a different aria to start with if so requested.
Pianist Provided: Yes
There is no fee for the provided pianist.
Salary and Benefits
Payment is provided:
* Studio Artists are hired as full time, non-exempt employees of Arizona Opera.
Benefits of employment include:
- Compensation (During the 2019-20 season, the gross bi-weekly pay was $1,050). Studio Artists are paid this gross amount twice a month.
- Furnished housing for the duration of employment period.
- Discretionary travel stipend reimbursed up to a stipulated amount at time of employment offer.
- Eligible to participate in Arizona Opera's benefits plan, including health, dental, and life insurance, after two months of employment.
- Arizona Opera is located in Phoenix, AZ. Studio Artists are responsible for their own ground transportation while in Arizona.
- Arizona Opera is unable to assume responsibility for housing spouses/partners, children, or pets.
For repertoire inquires or questions concerning the program, please contact Christopher Cano, email@example.com
For questions related to auditioning (i.e., time changes, waitlist, etc.), please contact Zackery Hayhurst, firstname.lastname@example.org