Arizona Opera Orchestra announces auditions for the Concertmaster.
52 projected services for 2019/2020
2019/2020 per service rate: $204.97
Employment will begin no later than the 2020/2021 season.
Application Deadline: August 17, 2019
Audition Date: August 31, 2019
A Trial production may be offered to finalists during the 2019/2020 season
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arizona Opera is the professional opera company for the state of Arizona. The offices and rehearsal space are in the Arts District of Phoenix, and performances are held in Phoenix and Tucson. Currently, AZO presents five distinct productions each season: Main Stage Series and the innovative McDougall RED series.
Location: Arizona Opera Center, 1636 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix AZ Date: August 31, 2019
Time: TBD – applicants will be notified of the schedule before date of audition
Audition List: Click here
• Submit a resume to email@example.com
• Include your availability, with rankings of preference, for the possible Trial productions, listed below
Deadline: August 17, 2019
• Auditions will remain screened throughout the day of auditions.
• At the conclusion of the screened audition rounds, the Audition Committee may choose a winner, or may invite select candidates to perform a Trial (an entire opera production during the 2019/2020 season) to serve in place of a final round.
• If the Committee chooses to use this option, a vote will be taken by the Committee at the conclusion of the total Trial(s) offered.
• Applicants offered a Trial will be compensated for the work based on CBA service rates, including per diem for when away from their City of Residence, and a mileage/hotel allowance per the rules of the CBA.
• Trial Availability: Candidates must submit, upon application, their availability (or lack thereof) for the three proposed Trial periods, ranked in availability preference.
Productions reserved for possible Trial offers:
Giacomo Puccini - La Bohème
Conductor: Christopher Allen
10 Services including 5 performances from January 18, 2020 to February 2, 2020
Craig Bohmler - Riders of the Purple Sage
Conductor: Joseph Mechavich
10 Services including 5 performances from February 22 to March 8, 2020
Richard Strauss - Ariadne auf Naxos
Conductor: Steven White
12 Services including 5 performances from March 26 to April 12, 2020